Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Almost there II

The PS3 is on and I have to post more photos. So back to the boat. I changed out the ac breaker 20 a 20 amp single pole, the 15 amp kept tripping after an hour of running the ac, I felt bad turning the ac back on, the directions to the new ac told me to use a 20 amp breaker, we will see.

Oh, I forgot. We got a new ac for the boat. I went up and the old marine aire didn't turn the blower on, so we pulled the old unit and I installed the new one. We picked out a 16000 btu unit vs the old 12000 btu. The new unit came with a digital thermostat and a remote control, the unit runs off of shore power, and I am going to look into a inverter down the road and use the diesel to charge the battery bank back.




I have run 2 lines to the existing vents and maybe next week I can install 4 more vents in the cabin. It gets cold in the v-birth but the galley stays warm, need more vents.



Here is where I installed the thermostat. The sink had a hole in it and I used some jb weld to fix the leak.

As I sit on the couch I will tell you I had a good productive day catching up on small stuff.



Kim cleaned the bulkhead, when installing the thermostat I found that the bulkhead is only 1/4 plywood veneer, the chainplates are attached to two rods that attach to the TAFG.



What a difference the teak makes in a boat this size. Newer boats are all plastic lama and glass. She is a very pretty boat down below, and not to bad on the outside, another great boat.



The dehumidifier was so hot when we arrived. I left it unplugged.



I removed the mud dobber nest in the stove, about 10 nest.



Here is the rear birth, Gina did her magic in this area. Looks great. The headliner looks great. Just a couple more items to fix.



I still need to get the t-trim to finish the hatches, I may need new gaskets, need to use the old hose test on them.



Mr. C cleaned the table, new this thing would cost a ton.



I cleaned the head, I need to do it again, and again. I took the pump apart to adjust the water just squirting out.



I also cleaned the sink and got the pressure water system working. I need to take a look at the water heater, I hope it's not rusted out, I just need some things to work.



Just the plain old vbirth. Kim took care of this area last year, her first job.



Here is the cabin looking aft, I cleaned out the bilge, and installed a new bilge pump. That was two weeks ago July 5th 2010. Man it rained all week.



Did I mention the floor? Cherokee Woody Boat Works, Ketchum, Ok. Steve Gibson did a great job.



This is the last of the interior shots. I cleaned the outside of the boat on July 5th also, I used our low pressure power washer to do the job.



I still need to fix that darn compass. The small little scuppers in the cockpit suck.
No IOR for this boat.



Cover is still on, I need some sunbrella to make the cover.



The yard broke the cover to the furler, 28 bucks to fix plus my time to take it apart and fix it.



I never had seen the anchor locker, and it has an anchor too.



Chris and Gina purchased new dock lines, Chris C installed the last Saturday.



I ordered new halyards, they will be mailed out Monday.



I adjusted the ac power, it has a bad spot in the line, it needs to be replaced. I am going to slap some duct tape on it when I get the chance.



Here is a shot of the diesel before I started, dirty little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment